1. What is the official name of the country whose language you study?
Great Britain b) c) the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland England
2. How many countries does the
consist of? UK
a) four b) three c) two
3. The capital of the
is … UK
Oxford b) England c) London
4. Who is the head of the country?
a) Bill Clinton b)
Putin c) Elizabeth II Vladimir
5. The best known river in GB is …
a) The Nile b) The Volga c) The
6. What is the highest point in the
a) Ben Nevis b)
Caucasus c) Pik Communisma
7. What lake does the famous Scottish monster live in?
a) Lough Erne b)Loch Lemond c) Loch
8. What is the emblem of
a) a shamrock b) a red rose c) a leek
9. What is the emblem of
a) a daffodil b) a dragon c) a thistle
10. What is the emblem of
a) a shamrock, a clover and a red hand b) a rose and the
cross Saint George’s
c) a dragon, a daffodil, a leek and a dove
11. What is the emblem of
? Northern Ireland
a) a shamrock b) a red rose c) a thistle
12. What is the name of the British national flag?
Union Jack b) the Saint Andrew’s Cross c) the Saint David’s Cross
is … Buckingham Palace
home of the Queen b) a prison c) a church London
’s Cathedral is … Saint Paul
a) an art gallery b) the seat of the British government c) famous church
15. What is Big Ben?
a) a river b) a clock c) a bus
16. Where is Nelson’s Column situated?
Parliament Square b) in Trafalgar Square c) in Piccadilly Circus
17. What is the double-decker?
a) a bus b) a train c) a teacher
18. What is the most important airport in
? Great Britain
Heathrow Airport b) Domodedovo c) Stansted Airport
19. What is the fastest way to cross the
a) through the Channel Tunnel b) by boat c) by ferry
20. What is the highest mark in British schools?
a) A b) B c) C
21. What Universities have the highest academic reputation in the
a) Oxford-Cambridge Universities b)
–Bristol Universities c) Red-Rick Universities London
22. The Raven Master in the
is the person who … Tower of London
a) gives the ravens food b) guards the Tower c) paint pictures
23. The telephone was invented by …
a) Charlie Chaplin b) Alexander Fleming c) Alexander Bell
24. William Shakespeare was …
a) an American painter b) an English poet c) a Russian film actor
25. What is the most popular sport event in
Highland Games b) the Commonwealth games c) the Wimbledon Championship
26. What are the most popular sports in the
a) basketball, pole climbing b) hockey, baseball c) football, cricket
27. The British are said to …
a) be polite and well-mannered b) have no sense of humor c) be careless
28. What is the Scottish national costume for man?
a) the tuxedo b) the bearskin c) the kilt
29. The British money is …
a) the dollar b) the pound c) the cent
30. A product Cadbury is famous for …
a) toothpaste b) cake c) chocolate
31. Who is the most popular hero of English ballads?
a) Peter Pen b) Robin Hood c) Tom Sawyer
now is a … Tower of London
a) royal palace b) museum c) prison
33. What city does the 0 meridian pass through?
a) Nottingham b) Sheffield c)
Stonehenge is a …
a) theatre b) town c) place for religious rituals
35. What was the first famous British pop-group from
a) the Beatles b) Deep Purple c) Queen